Where can I find quality remote work?
We’re big fans of remote work, obviously ;) But finding the right opportunity to work virtually can be a challenge. As a matter of fact, ‘where can I find a virtual job?’ is one of the most common ones we’ve seen so far. Luckily there are a variety of remote and virtual jobs available for those who want a new opportunity. Whether you’re looking for freelance, part-time or full-time to work from home, the road or your local coffee shop - the options are plentiful!
Some of our favorite Job Boards & Blog Posts for legit work from home options.
For those new to virtual work start with job boards:
- Indeed: Regular job board - just type in ‘Remote’ for location . You’ll find all types of remote and virtual work options!
- Flex Jobs: Dedicated to flexible jobs. Option to choose partial or fully remote options. Lots of job types and the options to upgrade to a paid plan that offers the ability to research companies, offer tips and take skills tests.
- Toptal - Freelancing for professionals in developing, designing, project management and more. They are highly selective, accepting on the top 3% of applicants. So if you’re a pro, here’s a great place to start.
- Working Nomad - Job board for the wanderers and work from home crowd. They offer a variety of job types from tech to legal to customer service in both contract, full-time and part-time roles.
- Fiverr - if you’re just getting started and want to build a portfolio this may be a great spot to start. Small jobs that start at $5 but can grow quickly.
- Skip The Drive - just as it sounds. A remote focused job board with only work from home opportunities.
- PowerToFly - Female focused job board focused on diversity and flexibility.
- https://www.ryrob.com/freelance-jobs/ - Not a job board but brainchild of Ryan Robinson. He provides a long list of freelance websites for lots of freelance types - photographers, admin, writers, editors, etc
- Cruise Ships Job for when you’re ready to really get away. It’s an index of cruise ship offerings on the open sea!
And there are truly many more out there. As the concept of remote work has grown and proven valid, so has the onset of reliable and useful job boards focused on real jobs, not just fluff. Your profession + remote in any search bar is sure to prove a useful starting point. Keep applying and keep positive. It’s a great life and you’re sure to find a fit soon!