Working Away is an online community and ecommerce site (the "Services") operated by Datai LLC, a company headquartered in the State of Rhode Island in the United States ("we," "us," "our," and "Working Away").
We created this privacy statement (“Statement”) in order to demonstrate our commitment to customer privacy. Privacy on the Working Away website (the “Site”) is of great importance to us. Because we gather important information from our visitors and customers, we have established this Statement as a means to communicate our information gathering and dissemination practices. We reserve the right to change this Statement and will provide notification of the change at least thirty (30) business days prior to the change taking effect. This Statement is effective as of September 1, 2018.
Information We Collect
- Information you provide to us: We require customers who register to use the services offered on our Site (collectively, the “Service”) to give us contact information, such as their name, company name, address, phone number, and email address, and financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number. At the time you express interest in obtaining additional information, or when you register for the Service, we may also ask for additional personal information, such as title, department name, fax number, or additional company information, such as annual revenues, number of employees, or industry. Customers can opt out of providing this additional information by not entering it when asked.
Other Information we receive and store. When you register to use Working Away, we store “cookies”, which are strings of code, on your computer and they are used to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Site previously. Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to us, either by responding to a promotional offer, opening an account, or registering, you remain anonymous. Cookies come in two flavors: session and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you’ve closed your browser or turned off your computer. They include such information as a unique identifier for your browser.
We use session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows us to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you’ve logged in and are required in order to use the Working Away application. We use persistent cookies, which only Working Away can read and use, to identify the fact that you are a Working Away customer or prior Website visitor (whatever the case may be). We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies. Users who disable their Web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Website but will not be able to successfully use our Service.
Customers can update or remove their personal information at any time by logging into the Website and editing their Personal Information within Setup. Customers can view their updated profile to confirm their edits have been made. Customers of the Service will be using the Site to host data and information (“Data”). Datai will not review, share, distribute, print, or reference any such Data except as provided in our Terms & Conditions, or as may be required by law. Individual records may at times be viewed or accessed only for the purpose of resolving a problem, support issue, or suspected violation of the Terms & Conditions, or as may be required by law. Of course, customers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of their user registration and password. We may also collect certain information from visitors to and customers of the Site, such as Internet addresses. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems, and to administer our Site in order to constantly improve the quality of the Service. We may also track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Except as we explicitly state at the time we request information, or as provided for in the Terms & Conditions, we do not disclose to third parties the information provided. Working Away will use and disclose your Information and Data only as follows:
- To set up the Service and promote continued use of the Service. We use your Information to set up the Service for you and your organizations. We may also use the Information to contact customers to further discuss customer interest in our company, the Service that we provide, and to send information regarding our company or partners, such as promotions and events. Customers are invited to receive an email newsletter by providing an email address. Customer email addresses and any personal customer information will not be distributed or shared with third parties. Customers can opt out of being contacted by us, or receiving such information from us, at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Separately, customers are also asked to provide an email address when registering for the Service, in order to receive a username and password. We may also email information regarding updates to the Service or company. Again, email will not be distributed or shared and customers can opt out of receiving any communication by emailing email@example.com at the time it is distributed, or at the time any customer registers for the Service.
- To bill and collect sums owed to us. All financial and billing information that we collect through the Site is used solely to check the qualifications of prospective customers and to bill for the Service. This billing information is not used by Datai for marketing or promotional purposes. Datai uses a third-party service provider to manage the credit card processing. This service provider is solely a link in the distribution chain, and is not permitted to store, retain, or use the information provided, except for the sole purpose of credit card processing. Datai does not store your credit card information in our system.
- To help enforce compliance with our Terms & Conditions
- To protect the rights and safety of our company, our employees, our members and users and to meet legal requirements such as complying with court orders and valid subpoenas. When we receive law enforcement or national security requests for information, we believe in privacy and transparency. We review such requests carefully and challenge vague, overbroad, or otherwise unlawful requests. We will only reply to requests for information from law enforcement agencies relating to criminal or national security investigations. When legally permitted, we will provide our members and users with notice that their information is being requested.
- To communicate with you concerning your account.
- Refer a friend. If you elect to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask you for your friend’s name and email address. Datai will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. We do not retain or store this information.
- Intended for Use In United States Only. Working Away’s Service and its servers are located in the United States. Unfortunately, we are unable to allow accounts to be opened from outside the United States to comply with data protection laws.
The Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Customers and visitors will need to check the policy statement of these others websites to understand their policies. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information. It is the responsibility of the user to keep such information private and confidential.
Our Site has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Data under our control. When our Site is accessed using any modern browser that supports the protocol, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects information using both server authentication and data encryption to help ensure that Data is safe, secure, and available only to you. Datai also implements an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications, and hosts the Site in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. Finally, We provide unique usernames and passwords that must be entered each time a customer logs on. These safeguards help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of Data.
Working Away offers its visitors and customers a means to choose how we may use information provided. If, at any time after registering for information or ordering the Service, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about sharing your information with third parties, send us a request specifying your new choice. Simply send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding this Statement or the practices of this Site should be directed to Working Away’s Security Administrator by e-mailing such questions to email@example.com .
Notices and Revisions
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice may change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We will not make material changes to our policies and practices to make them less protective of Your Information collected in the past under prior policies without your consent.